Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 1

I just gotta tell you that I am so thankful for everyone's kind words and support given on here on the blog, Facebook, and via emails. Like, just . . . wow! I was asked yesterday why I chose to start a blog about my weight loss journey. Because of it's personal and public nature, I might stress myself out trying to live up to the challenge and fear failing in such a public way. But to them I said "All the more motivation to succeed!" I'm being held accountable! I've tried losing weight in "secret" in the past and it just. never.worked. If no one knew that I was trying, no one would know that I was giving up. The only person I would be disappointing was myself.  I know. I know. One day being accountable to myself will be enough for me, because when it comes down to it, it's my life and I need to own it. But I'm not there yet. Work and pray. Work and pray.

So, today!

I woke up this morning feeling totally pumped. Day 1. I can do this. I started off by drinking a full glass of water. My goal is to drink 100 oz of water daily.

After breakfast, I hit up the gym basement. So here was today's work out:

As fast as I possibly could, I was supposed to do FIVE rounds of:
25 squats
20 crunches
15 push-ups
400 meter run

So here's how it went down:

  • I only was able to complete THREE rounds. And I am proud of each and every one! (One day I'll get to five)
  • My squats totally started out strong (all the way down, like I was about to sit down on something), but ended up a little wimpy by the last round.
  • My crunches were awesome and felt great . . . . which makes me wonder if I was doing them incorrectly, now. Hmmm.
  • My push-up were, let's be honest, lady push-ups. And they probably will continue to be so for a little while yet.
  • Running 400m x 3 felt really awesome on the treadmill. I wasn't running too fast (5mph) but it felt great.

The BEST part of today's workout was that Gwen did the WHOLE thing by my side! Even the running, which she did on the spot beside the treadmill! I wish you could have seen her face she was so proud of herself. Of me. Of us. We counted down the reps together, gave each other air-high fives, shouted out encouraging phrases . . . It was the best first work out I could have wished for.

Man, I was pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment