Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Welcome to The Last 100lbs!

Hello, my name is Jenny. I'm a wife, mother of three, and a firm believer in trying something new when the old ways just aren't working out. I've been overweight for the majority of my life and I know the reasons why:
  1. I over-eat
  2. I eat the wrong things
  3. I don't exercise
  4. I have negative self-talk
  5. I give up easily
I've come to a point in my life where I have realized that my current lifestyle is NOT working for me, but rather against me. As of today, I have 100 lbs to lose for me to be at a healthy weight. Yikes! It is time for change! It is time to try something new.

This is where you come in! I have learned from experience that I am pretty much incapable of doing this alone, so I've started this blog so others can read along and share in this journey with me! 

So here is how it's all going to go down:
  • My goal is to lose 100lbs: 85lbs to get to a healthy BMI of 24 and then another 15lbs for added awesomeness.
  • I will lose weight in a healthy and natural way. No pills. No extreme/unhealthy habits.
  • I will not be joining a gym. That's right, all my workouts will be done at home or out in nature
  • I will not be joining a weight-loss program. Too expensive. Also these programs usually focus too much on diet and rapid weight loss and not enough on getting healthy in mind/spirit. For me, it's more of a mental battle.
  • I'm going to eat right and exercise EVERYDAY. You heard me.
  • I will love myself at all stages of weight loss, even when weight loss is slow or non-existent. 
  • I will document all aspects of weight loss, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Be ready for it all!

I hope you enjoy following along. And don't be afraid to share ideas, recipes, workouts, or anything else. Please be a cheerleader! I need all the support I can get! 

Hugs from me to you,

Jenny



6 comments:

  1. Awesome Jenny! You have a great attitude and I'm excited to read about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you can totally do this! I lost my weight doing similar things, I am excited to hear about your journey <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...all the power too ya! YOU CAN DO IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! So excited for you and you journey!! I'll send you some awesome workouts and recipes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! I love your enthusiasm. I'm trying to lose weight myself so I'm happy to encourage you on your journey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh jenny! I'm so excited to follow you and soak up your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete