Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Say Hello to TJ and Mal

I just want to let you all know how very very excited I am about today's blog post!

Because of my past experiences with making healthy lifestyle changes (or, in reality, my insbility to do so) I knew that if I was going to be successful I needed an awesome back up crew (you guys) and an even more amazing (if that's even possible) health coach(es). So, I called up the healtiest people I know, my brother-in-law Tj and his amzing wife Malorie. I am so happy that I was confident enough to reach out to them for help, because with out them I would be lost. Each day they send me my amazing workouts, sometimes even with video to describe movements I'm not familiar with! I can also Skype with them whenever I need to. That first week, we Skyped everyday! There is something about the two of them together that gets me motivated and inspired to be healthy and commit to what I have set out for myself. And they are so funny together, because they are always pushing eachother to be better and they don't always agree on everything :)

I asked these two to answer a few questions for you all, so you can get to know them a little more and so that you know who I'm talking about in the future (as I know I probably will many more times!)

So, it is my pleasure to introduce to you the power house couple, TJ and Malorie!



Q: If you could each introduce yourselves to a complete stranger in only 7 sentences what would you say?

M: My name is Malorie! I have a passion for health and fitness. I probably love food way too much. I’m obsessed with my dogs and love animals. I married the love of my life and best friend four years ago on the 14th! I have danced for 20 years and it will continue to be a passion of mine. I have watched way too much Netflix the past month…
T: Hi, my name is TJ. I graduated BYU with a degree in Exercise Science. I love Nibs. I love Mal. The days that give me the most joy are when I have Nibs and Mal. Believe it or not, I was smart enough to get into dental school. I too am obsessed with Mal’s dogs.

Q: When did health and fitness become important to you?

M: My dad has always been an advocate for health and fitness so I kind
of grew up with it in my home. I think I really started getting into it when I graduated high school and realized that I couldn’t just keep eating the way I did without exercise and expect to keep the same body.
T: 10th grade. It was at that age where I knew that my health and fitness would have to improve in order to excel in rugby.
Q: If you could set straight one myth about health and fitness what would it be? 

M: One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say they cannot improve on their health and/or fitness because of their “genes.” When I was younger I remember someone telling me I was naturally weak. I would never have strong arms or abs. It was how I was built. I wish that person could see me now. Yes, it may be easier for some people, but with hard work, you can do anything you set your mind to regardless of your so-called “genes.”
T: People who think that they need to be at a gym for two hours every day in order to see result are completely wrong. Simple as that.

Q: What is your favourite way to get your sweat on?


M: I love GPP Fitness. It’s quick. It’s intense. And I sweat buckets.  
T: Even though I enjoy other things, running is my go to workout. 

Q: When you are having a bad day/week where do you find your inspiration to get back on track?


M&T: We are going to answer this one together because we have the same thoughts on this one. When you wake up Monday morning after a weekend or week of over eating or being lazy, you don’t feel good. Period. That gross feeling we have after eating a bunch of crap is motivation enough to get back on track. You feel sooo much better after having a successful week of clean eating and exercise!
Q: If there is someone reading this right now who's ready to start making steps to a healthier life style, but doesn't know where to start, what advice would you give them?

M: Go in 100%. If you are going to do this, then do it! You’ve got n
othing to lose and everything to gain. You can’t just decide to start working out without fixing the diet or vice versa and expect the results you want. You’ve got to make a commitment on both ends.
T: You need to set obtainable goals. Start out small, and the confidence you gain will push you towards bigger and better.  

Q: Nobody's perfect, so what's YOUR guilty pleasure?

M: I am an ice cream-aholic. Holy moly I could eat that stuff all day. If you haven’t had Butterfinger ice cream… don’t start…
T: Nibs and Diet Pepsi. Best combination ever.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the advice that Allred (as he is known to us from his mission) and his wife Mal gave today! Thanks for sharing, I was already getting motivated on my own but your blog and Allred's contribution have really helped up my confidence! Keep it up! Miss you Allred! !

    ReplyDelete